NeoAxis Group releases a new version of NeoAxis Engine - an integrated development environment with built-in 3D game engine. The environment can be used to develop all kinds of 3D projects such as computer games, visual trainers, VR systems, to visualize processes and develop windowed applications.
The following features have been added:
- Significant optimizations of the rendering pipeline. Rendering is multi-threaded computed now, automatic GPU instancing has been added.
- Import content tool enhancements have been improved. Easy import from library Quixel Megascans is now supported. Read more.
- The ability to use the engine widget in Windows Forms and WPF applications has been added.
- Billboard rendering has been improved. Now they are drawn faster and support shadows.
- A high-quality anti-aliasing mode has been added. Supersampling anti-aliasing (SSAA).
- Documentation has been improved. Class descriptions have been added.
The engine continues to evolve. In the following releases we will focus on the following features:
- 3D game framework. Managing characters, various types of cameras, a set of more specialized game objects.
- Tools for massive object creation.
- Batching of geometry.
- Photorealistic demo.
A detailed list of plans can be found in the Roadmap.