Here you can see the planned features. We are already working on these features, also you can participate in the improvement, order or make a donation to force the development.
Platforms in priority
- iOS (20% done).
Advanced character animation mixing. Vehicles with turrets. Walking pedestrians, traffic walking mode, animals. Inventory widget. Character interaction, dialogue system. C# and flow graph based dialogues support.
- DX12. Global illumination. Full reflections. Faster upload to GPU.
- Hardware ray-tracing reflections. Right now you can use screen-space reflections.
- Better support for many light sources in the scene (partially done).
Faster shadows generation, much larger scalability (partially done).
- Better work with transparency of Voxel LOD.
- Better vegetation material animation.
- Volumetric fog. Humidity. Dust.
- Furs, hairs.
- Physically-based procedural sky.
- Shadow transparency, colored shadows.
- Area lights.
- Reversed depth to work better with z-fighting effect.
- Faster forward rendering.
- Order-independent transparency.
- Import 3D data to more GPU friendly format (direct copy).
- Auto unload GPU resources.
Relative camera rendering for drawing objects with large/double precision coordinates.
- Scene streaming example and optimization fixes.
Tools and Components
- The library of motion capture animations.
- Sequence editor. Cinematic and video editing.
- Mesh painting tools.
- More 3D modeling tools.
- Human and creature generator.
- Vegetation generator: More features and realism.
- Road constructor: More features. Exits from the road, overpasses, bike paths.
- Traffic system: Cars, bikes, pedestrians.
- Building constructor: Faster rendering at very far distances.
- Better 3D model import: Extract textures from GLB file. Better CAD formats support.
- Pathfinding: Dynamic obstacles, off mesh links.
- More 2D features and tools.
- More vegetation packs made with Vegetation generator.
- More materials scans and 3D models in the store.
- Soft body.
- Tank vehicle.
- Ragdoll example.
- Object destruction example.
- Character: Scaling support.
- Cloud services (partially done).
- More features for shooter framework.
Networking support for vehicles.
- Physically-based path tracer.
- macOS support.
- Linux support.
- Katy Perry skin.
NeoAxis as IDE
- Solution Explorer. Working with many csproj projects.
Compilation support for newer ones .NET.
- iOS (20% done).
Linux console, server.
- Linux for desktop.
- Networking support for Android.
- Sound streaming on Android. Right now stream sounds load as usual sample.
Remove sources of 3D models.