NeoAxis company releases a new version of NeoAxis Engine, an integrated development environment with built-in 3D and 2D game engine. The environment can be used to develop all kinds of 3D and 2D projects such as computer games, visual trainers, VR systems, to visualize processes and develop windowed applications.
The new version includes many improvements of the editor. There is improved the package manager, the start page, added the ability to configure the ribbon, toolbar and shortcuts. Also added the ability to customize the colors of text editors, and fixed a large number of bugs and shortcomings.
Added the start page. You can easily create a new scene and open an existing scene in it.
The package manager was improved. Now it supports automatic downloading of content from the store.
Configure Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar and shortcut keys
The ability to configure Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar and shortcut keys has been added.
Configure colors for built-in editors
The ability to configure colors for C# editor, shader editor and text editor has been added.
Improved build process
Building a product has been improved. Added more build options.
Tips window was improved, added new tips.
Big amount of bug fixes
A large number of bugs were fixed, many fixes were made in the editor.
- Bug fix: Unable to clone terrain.
- Bug fix: Unable to activate C# filtering mode in the Resources window.
- Bug fix: Unable to create primitives by the brush to the group of objects.
- Bug fix: The windows docking can crash on 'Close All But This' action.
- Bug fix: Broken rendering on on-board Intel GPUs.
- Bug fix: The rattling effect of motion blur at the beginning of the scene simulation.
A detailed list of changes can be found in the Changelog.
The engine continues to evolve. In future releases we will focus on the following features:
- Dark theme.
- More build platforms support, including mobile and VR devices support.
- Multi viewport mode.
- Sequence, timeline editor.
A detailed list of plans can be found in the Roadmap.