NeoAxis company releases a new version of NeoAxis Engine, an integrated development environment with built-in 3D/2D game engine. The environment can be used to develop all kinds of 3D and 2D projects such as computer games, visual trainers, VR systems, to visualize processes and develop windowed applications.
NeoAxis 2020.8 includes improved screen labels, improved transform tool, reduced memory consumption, debug info window contains more info about memory using. Also, a new product NeoAxis Education is available for download.
Screen labels have been improved. Some of the labels are now located in the upper right corner. The ability to configure the visibility of the labels has been added.
Transform tool has been improved. Move & Rotate mode has been added. Better visual look of the tool.
Significant reduction in memory consumption
Memory using has been significantly improved. Loaded meshes use less amount of memory. Now unused textures are automatically unloaded. The debug info window contains more information about the resources used.
A new product NeoAxis Education is available for download.
NeoAxis Education software is a full-fledged NeoAxis Engine, which has a simplified editor mode. The mode is intended for easier learning the engine and learning 3D graphics in general.
Read more: https://www.neoaxis.com/products
- Transform tool has been improved. Move & Rotate mode has been added. Better visual look of the tool.
- Screen labels have been improved. Icons, permanent visible labels, the ability to configure visual settings of the labels.
- Various improvements to the editor for more intuitive creation of base objects.
- Render To File component. A tool for rendering a scene to a file.
- Skybox component has been improved. Now source texture is used for scene background instead of using processed cubemap. The processed cubemap now is used only for reflections.
- Fog, cubemaps, lighting were fixed.
- Significant reduction in memory consumption.
- Debug Info: More info about memory consumption.
- Automatic unloading textures which are not used long time.