NeoAxis Group Ltd announces that it has changed the licensing scheme of its flagship product NeoAxis Engine, an integrated development environment with built-in 3D and 2D game engine. Now the product is distributed under a license, which has no any royalties. Also, full source codes for the product are provided.
We hope you enjoy the new NeoAxis Engine development move!
About a new license
Shortly about the license. You can use NeoAxis Engine for free without any future royalties and distribute source codes subject to the following conditions:
- 1. When publishing your product, you must add "Made with NeoAxis Engine (www.neoaxis.com)" with the product information and in its credits.
- 2. You can distribute the NeoAxis editor with your product. When you do it the window title of the editor must be:
"Your project name - NeoAxis Engine 2020.3 (www.neoaxis.com)".
Or if you made engine modification:
"Your project name - Modified version of NeoAxis Engine 2020.3 (www.neoaxis.com)"
This can be done by changing the value of the ModifiedVersionOfNeoAxisEngine field in the Sources\Engine\NeoAxis.Core\Utility\EngineInfo.cs file.
- 3. You can distribute the source code of the NeoAxis Engine. In the case of publishing any part of the modified source code, for example, by means of creating a fork or other distribution method, you automatically become the contributor of the NeoAxis Engine. This means that the NeoAxis Group Ltd reserves the right to use your modified source code at its discretion, for example, to improve the original version of the NeoAxis Engine. Copyright for modified code is saved to you.
Frequently asked questions
- Did I understand correctly that the NeoAxis Engine is provided free of charge with full source code, while the no any royalties? I should not even add splash screen when starting my game, just mention it in the credits?
That's right. However, we will be glad of any help with the development of the engine, including its popularization.
- Where is the root branch with source codes?
Social network posts
Overview from GameFromScratch
The engine continues to evolve. Android support is almost done, will available soon.
A detailed list of plans can be found in the Roadmap.