NeoAxis company releases a new version of NeoAxis Engine, an integrated development environment with built-in 3D and 2D game engine. The environment can be used to develop all kinds of 3D and 2D projects such as computer games, visual trainers, VR systems, to visualize processes and develop windowed applications.
In this release, the engine has been translated to .NET Core 3.1 from .NET Framework, has been added support for Visual Studio Code, Rider and other C# IDEs, the editor has been improved and optimized, in the launcher you can now create Window App projects, also examples of creating add-ons have been added to the Assets\Samples\Addons folder.
.NET Core 3.1
In this release, the engine was upgraded to .NET Core 3.1, previously .NET Framework 4.6 was used. This gave a performance improvement. The engine and editor are noticeably faster. Now the created application does not require .NET installation, it is included into the project. It is also now easy to update the project to newer versions of .NET such as .NET 5.
Support for Visual Studio Code, Rider and other C# IDEs
Project compilation is now supported using any IDE that supports C# and .NET Core 3.1.
Window app creation
The ability to create windowed applications has been improved. When creating a new project, you can choose a Window App template, with which you can set the initial settings. The engine includes its own GUI system and GUI designer. This allows you to create full-fledged windowed applications, however, creating of windowed applications is still a new feature of NeoAxis.
The editor has improved the work with windows and the performance. In total, the editor is now a user-friendly, polished application.
- Switch to .NET Core 3.1 from .NET Framework 4.6. It works faster. Now you can easy upgrade your project to latest .NET as example to .NET 5.0.
- Support for Visual Studio Code, Rider and other C# IDEs.
- More polished GUI of the editor. Made very big amount of improvements and fixes.
- Much better performance of the engine and the editor.
- Better compilation support for built-in editor Project.csproj when run NeoAxis Player while the editor is loaded.
- UWP build support has been simplified.
- The examples of creation add-ons for the editor now available in Assets\Samples\Addons.
- The template for window app creation has been added to the Launcher.
- Component classes have been updated for better cross-platform support. System.Windows.Form.dll, System.Drawing.dll now are not used by the project DLLs (NeoAxis.CoreExtension.dll, Project.dll, add-ons).
- NeoAxis.Core.dll now has no references to another DLLs. It made easier to manage references for libraries because need just one reference to core DLL.