NeoAxis Group releases a new version of NeoAxis Engine is an integrated development environment with built-in 3D game engine. The environment can be used to develop all kinds of 3D projects such as computer games, visual trainers, VR systems, to visualize processes and develop windowed applications.
This build has includes many rendering improvements. Materials and post processing have been improved. In addition to the graphics improvements, the animation support has been improved. Now skeleton animation is calculated on GPU. The built-in GUI editor has also been improved.
The following features have been added:
- Physically based materials have been improved. The tool for generation environment cube maps from source format has been added. Tone mapping screen effect has been improved.
- Displacement mapping to materials have been added. Parallax Occlusion Mapping.
- Mesh skinning on GPU.
- UI Editor has been improved. It now has all the necessary features, like resizing or step movement.
The engine continues to evolve. In the following releases we will focus on the following features:
- 3D game framework. Managing characters, various types of cameras, a set of more specialized game objects.
- Photorealistic demo.
- Improvement editor as a common development environment in C#.
- More supported platforms.
A detailed list of plans can be found on the Roadmap page.
We invite everyone to try the new NeoAxis Engine 2019 tool. It can be downloaded for free.