Represents a type of the plant, it is a main component of vegetation generator.
NeoAxis includes a full-featured procedural vegetation generator. To make a new plant type need to have photo textures of the plant, make a component with the plant type settings and make a small C# script.
You can start from checking and using already created plants in the "Assets\Content\Vegetation\Models" folder.
1. Make a copy of the similar plant type to another folder. Update file paths. You can replace paths by any text editor because all of NeoAxis formats are text formats.
2. Prepare photo materials of your vegetation.
3. Generate an applique material by means "Material maker.scene". The scene is intended to generate assembled PBR material with textures.
4. Check your generated material.
5. Configure ".planttype" file. It includes configuring child Plant Material components and C# script for the generator. Use "Bake Meshes" button to generate output meshes.
6. Configure ".surface" file with generated meshes.
7. Next, you can paint the surface and put separate 3D models in the scene.
|Mature Age||The age at which active growth ceases.|
|Mature Height||The height range at mature age.|
|Predefined Configuration||The predefined configuration.|
|Generate Individuals||Whether to generate individual meshes.|
|Generate Groups||Whether to generate groups of meshes.|
|Group Size||The size of the group of meshes.|
|Group Radius||The radius of the group of meshes.|
|Group Max Incline||The maximal incline in the group.|
|Group Max Incline From Center||The maximal incline from the center in the group.|
|Variations||The number of variations to generate.|
|Ages||The possible ages of the plant.|
|Segments By Meter||The amount of segments by length.|
|Segments By Circle||The amount of segments by circle.|
|LODLevels||The amount of levels of detail to generate.|
|LODDistance||The distance from the previous to the next level of detail. The result value depends mesh bounds, MatureHeight.|
|LODVoxels||Whether to generate a voxel grid for a last LOD.|
|LODVoxel Grid||The size of a voxel grid of a last LOD.|
|LODVoxel Thin Factor||The factor to changing the visibility of thin objects. It is also useful when your model has holes in its shape, the algorithm thinks your model is empty inside.|
|LODVoxel Fill Holes Distance||The maximal distance to fill holes, which happens when ray matching can't find the result because reach max steps limitations.|
|Collision||Whether to generate collision meshes.|