NeoAxis Engine is an integrated development environment with built-in 3D, 2D game engine.
The environment is intended to develop all kinds of 3D and 2D projects such as computer games, visual trainers, VR systems, to visualize processes and develop windowed applications.
- Royalty-free platform.
- Modern architecture and design of the editor.
- Built-in C# and visual scripting.
- Complete set of tools.
- .NET API.
Built-in 3D game engine
- Complete set of tools for 3D game development.
- 64-bit floating precision by default.
- Scene rendering is performed via high-level rendering pipeline.
- Good multi-thread rendering performance provided by Bgfx.
- Filament PBR shaders is used for realistic materials rendering.
- Powerful Bullet physics library in 64-bit precision mode.
Built-in 2D game engine
- 2D game framework.
- Fast level creation tools, 2D modeling tools.
- 2D physics. Built-in powerful Aether.Physics2D physics engine.
Built-in C# scripting and type programming
Engine editor includes rich set of tools for scripting. Following methods for scripting are supported:
- Classic C# programming.
- C# scripts.
- Node-based visual programming.
- Advanced object types creation capabilities.
- Visual Studio 2017, 2019 support.
API for add-on creation
- Well designed API for add-on creation.
- The ability to create small extensions as well as complete inner editors inside NeoAxis editor.
- Using WinForms, WPF in add-ons.
- Thoughtful concept of the editor and it's inner editors.
- Simultaneous editing of multiple resources.
- Drag & Drop, hotkeys and other means for comfortable usage.
Easy to learn
The NeoAxis editor looks simple, not overwhelmed with functionality unlike other products. This is a plus for beginners. There is a simplified version of the editor specially made for learning.