Documentation/Articles/Overview of Configurator
From NeoAxis 3D Engine Wiki
|Language:||English • Russian||Status:||Approved|
Configurator (Configurator.exe) is intended for general settings of the engine, as well as the starting point for launching applications toolkit. The configurator can choose the language,graphics, physics and sound. The settings affect all applications SDK.
For an overview of the demonstration maps, run Game.exe.
Configurator allows you to quickly run a particular tool engine. For these purposes, the section Applications tubs General, as well as the corresponding sections on the tab Advanced.
On the General tub you can find the following applications:
- Game.exe — is both a demo NeoAxis 3D Engine and the skeleton of your future project. The application is a development framework for the project. It includes a menu system, boot management maps demonstrating the various types of projects, examples of maps and more.
- Resource Editor — a tool for resource management projects. The editor includes the ability to configure objects, 3D models, materials, textures, physical models, user interfaces, and more.
- Map Editor — a tool for creating worlds of your project. Is a comprehensive tool for managing editor of objects on the map.
Tub Advanced, in turn, provides access to two instruments engine.
- Shader Cache Compiler — a tool for optimizing the loading speed of the engine. Tool precompiles graphics shaderprograms. The best time to run this tool is when the downloading time of your project becomes too large.
- Deployment Tool — a tool designed for the preparation of the final version of your application for a specific platform.It is a useful tool to automate the preparation of the final product.
The engine and its tools have been translated into several languages. In this block, you can select the active language.
|Language||Language Selection active localization. Meaning Autodetect allows the Configurator to choose localization in accordance with the language of the system.|
|Localize game||Localizing game option for application localization project. Setting only affects Game.exe. If selected Game.exe will be localized.|
|Localize tools||Localize tools option for localization tools. Setting affects Resource Editor, Map Editor, Shader Cache Compiler, Deployment Tool and configurator.|
Button Restart, located in the current block configurator restarts with the selected settings localization.
|Video mode||Video mode resolution selection screen. Meaning Current screen resolution will stay the same after the transition to full-screen mode. Meaning Use all displays (multi-monitor mode) will let you use all connected monitors.|
|Full screen||whether your application will run in a windowed or a full screen mode.|
|Vertical sync||Lets you enable vertical sync.|
|Render technique||Render technique allows you to enable or disable the graphics output to wide-range color representation. Choose between the proposed standard outputs (Low Dynamic Range), 64 -bit (High-dynamic-range rendering) or recommended by default.|
|Filtering||Texture filtering. Supports trilinear and anisotropic filtering, with the possibility of choosing the level of anisotropic filtering.|
|Depth buffer access||An option to activate the engine, at which stage in the process rendering will be generated special depth buffer. Grubin buffer enables advanced rendering technology such as soft particles, Depth of Field, Light Scattering.|
|Full-scene Antialising||Full-scene Antialiasingallows you to disable or enable ь anti-aliasing.|
|Render system||Selecting Render system:Choose outputting graphics: Direct3D or OpenGL OpenGL.|
|Rendering device||Select the device (graphics card) that will be used by the engine. Available option Default rendering device — the default device.|
|Allow shaders||Enable or disable the shaders . If this option is enabled, the shaders will be involved.|
Physical system Settings.
|Physics system||Select Physics system:Allows you to switch between the physics engine without recompiling . The choice between the PhysX or Dynamics Engine Dynamics Engine.|
Audio library settings.
|Sound system||Select Sound system used sound library. The engine allows you to switch between sound libraries without recompiling. You can select DirectSound, OpenAL or turn off the sound system.|