From NeoAxis 3D Engine Wiki
|Language:||English • Русский||Status:||Not Approved|
Articles for NeoAxis 3D Engine
In the Map Editor each object have ti's own type. You will find here a list of the base object types available in the SDK. In addition to theses base types, you can create your own type of objects and place them in the Map Editor.
Base Object Types
These entity types are considered as the engine base. They are stored in the Data\Base\Types folder.
- CubemapZone.type — Used to generate a cubemap texture of the environment.
- CubemapZone_BoxParallaxCorrectedZone.type — Used to correct rendering reflections from cubemaps (CubemapZone.type).
- DecorativeObjectManager.type — This type allows you to create a large amount of objects (like grass, trees, rocks)to quickly populate your map.
- GeneralMapObject.type — The object on the map without behaviour. This object can be used to configure by means components.
- Fog.type — Fog.
- HeightmapTerrain.type — Heightmap-based landscape.
- HeightmapTerrainManager.type — Heightmap-based landscape with streaming support.
- LensFlareManager.type — The manager to manage lens flares from the Sun light source.
- Light.type — Light source.
- Map.type — Map object. This type is automatically created with a new map.
- MapCamera.type — This type is used for setting cameras on the map.
- MapCameraCurve.type — This type allows you to create a camera path.
- MapCompositorManager.type — This type is used for setting up posteffects on the map.
- MapCurve.type — This type is used to set map paths (from point to point).
- Occluder.type — Used for switching portals on and off. It's a part of the Portal System.
- ParticleSystemSource.type — This type is used as a source of particles on the map.
- Portal.type — Portal. It's a part of the Portal System.
- Region.type — An area you place on the map (can be used as triggers).
- RenderableCurve.type — Allows you to create curves with any width, color and texture.
- SkyBox.type — Sky, using a cubic texture.
- SkyDome.type — Sky, using a hemisphere.
- SoundSource.type — Sound source on the map.
- StaticLightingManager.type — Allows you to configure precalculated static lighting.
- StaticMesh.type — An object used for creating static geometry on the map.
- Sun.type — Sun light source.
- Zone.type — Zone. It's a part of the Portal System.
Object Types in SDK
The following entity types are frequently used but not considered as a part of the engine base. These entity types are stored in the Data\Types\Special folder.
- CutSceneManager.type — Used to create cut-scenes.
- Decal.type — Decals are used to render bullet holes, blood traces, explosion burns etc.
- CollisionVolume.type — This type is used to create invisible obstacles on the map.
- ItemCreator.type — Used to generate items.
- HelperPoint.type — Helper point.
- MapChangeRegion.type — The area to change the level for the player.
- ObserveCameraArea.type — An area where the player can move the camera along the given path.
- GridBasedNavigationSystem.type — Pathfinding system based on the grid.
- RecastNavigationSystem.type — Pathfinding system based on Navigation Mesh technology.
- SpawnPoint.type — Spawn point for the player (or another units).
- WaterPlane.type — This type is used for creating water surfaces.
- WaterPlaneClipVolume.type — Additional type for WaterPlane to control reflection's generation.