From NeoAxis 3D Engine Wiki
|Language:||English • Русский||Status:||Not Approved|
Articles for NeoAxis 3D Engine
In the Map Editor each object have ti's own type. You will find here a list of the base object types available in the SDK. In addition to theses base types, you can create your own type of objects and place them in the Map Editor.
Base object on the map:
- Map — Map object. This type is automatically created with a new map and can't be deleted.
- Basic \ CollisionVolume — This type is used to create invisible obstacles on the map.
- Basic \ DecorativeObjectManager — This type allows you to create a large amount of objects (like grass, trees, rocks)to quickly populate your map.
- Basic \ Fog — Fog.
- Basic \ GeneralMapObject — The object on the map without behaviour. This object can be used to configure by means components.
- Basic \ MapCompositorManager — This type is used for setting up posteffects on the map.
- Basic \ ParticleSystemSource — This type is used as a source of particles on the map.
- Basic \ Region — An area you place on the map (can be used as triggers).
- Basic \ SkyBox — Sky, using a cubic texture.
- Basic \ SkyDome — Sky, using a hemisphere.
- Basic \ SoundSource — Sound source on the map.
- Basic \ SpawnPoint — Spawn point for the player (or another units).
- Basic \ StaticMesh — An object used for creating static geometry on the map.
- Camera \ MapCamera — This type is used for setting cameras on the map.
- Camera \ MapCameraCurve — This type allows you to create a camera path.
- Lighting \ CubemapZone — Used to generate a cubemap texture of the environment.
- Lighting \ CubemapZone_BoxParallaxCorrectedZone — Used to correct rendering reflections from cubemaps (CubemapZone.type).
- Lighting \ LensFlareManager — The manager to manage lens flares from the Sun light source.
- Lighting \ Light — Light source.
- Lighting \ StaticLightingManager — Allows you to configure precalculated static lighting.
- Lighting \ Sun — Sun light source.
- Pathfinding \ GridBasedNavigationSystem — Pathfinding system based on the grid.
- Pathfinding \ RecastNavigationSystem — Pathfinding system based on Navigation Mesh technology.
- Portal System \ Occluder — Used for switching portals on and off. It's a part of the Portal System.
- Portal System \ Portal — Portal. It's a part of the Portal System.
- Portal System \ Zone — Zone. It's a part of the Portal System.
- Special \ CutSceneManager — Used to create cut-scenes.
- Special \ HelperPoint — Helper point.
- Special \ MapChangeRegion — The area to change the level for the player.
- Special \ MapCurve — This type is used to set map paths (from point to point).
- Special \ ObserveCameraArea — An area where the player can move the camera along the given path.
- Special \ RenderableCurve — Allows you to create curves with any width, color and texture.
- Terrain \ HeightmapTerrain — Heightmap-based landscape.
- Terrain \ HeightmapTerrainManager — Heightmap-based landscape with streaming support.
- Water Plane \ WaterPlane — This type is used for creating water surfaces.
- Water Plane \ WaterPlaneClipVolume — Additional type for WaterPlane to control reflection's generation.
Additional types which can't be created directly in Map Editor:
- Decal — Decals are used to render bullet holes, blood traces, explosion burns etc.
- ItemCreator — Used to generate items.
Old Articles to Update