From NeoAxis 3D Engine Wiki
|Language:||English • Русский||Status:||Approved|
Articles for NeoAxis 3D Engine
Each object in Map Editor have own type. Here is described base object types which available in SDK. In additional to base types the developer can create own type of objects and place objects with new types in the Map Editor.
Base Object Types
These entity types are considered as engine base. They are stored in the Data\Base\Types folder.
- CubemapZone.type — Entity for generation cubic texture of environment.
- DecorativeObjectManager.type — This type is used for creating large areas of such simple objects as grass, trees and rocks.
- Fog.type — Fog.
- HeightmapTerrain.type — Heightmap-based landscape.
- LensFlareManager.type — Lens flare manager.
- Light.type — Light source.
- Map.type — Map object. This type is automatically created with a new map.
- MapCamera.type — This type is used for setting cameras on the map.
- MapCameraCurve.type — This type is used for setting camera path.
- MapCompositorManager.type — This type is used for setting posteffects on the map.
- MapCurve.type — This type is used for setting map paths (from point to point).
- Occluder.type — This type is used for switching portals on and off (a part of the Portal System).
- ParticleSystemSource.type — This type is used as source of particles on the map.
- Portal.type — Portal (a part of the Portal System).
- Region.type — An area on the map (can be used as trigger).
- RenderableCurve.type — This is type is used for creation curves with any width, color and texture.
- SkyBox.type — Sky, using a cubic texture.
- SkyDome.type — Sky, using a hemisphere.
- SoundSource.type — sound source on the map.
- StaticLightingManager.type — This type is used for creating precalculated static lighting.
- StaticMesh.type — An object used for creating static geometry on the map.
- Sun.type — Sun.
- Zone.type — Zone (a part of the Portal System).
Object Types in SDK
The following entity types are frequently used but not considered as part of the engine base. These entity types are stored in the Data\Types\Special folder.
- CutSceneManager.type — This types is used for creating cut-scenes.
- Decal.type — Decals are used for rendering bullet holes, blood traces, explosion burns etc.
- DynamicCollision.type — This type is used for creating invisible obstacles on the map.
- ItemCreator.type — This type is used for generating items.
- HelperPoint.type — Helper point.
- MapChangeRegion.type — Region change area.
- ObserveCameraArea.type — An area where the player can move the camera along the given path.
- RecastNavigationSystem.type — The pathfinding system based on Navigation Mesh technology.
- SpawnPoint.type — Object's spawn point.
- WaterPlane.type — This type is used for creating water surfaces.
- WaterPlaneClipVolume.type — This additional type for WaterPlane to control reflections generation.