NeoAxis Group Ltd announces a new version of the universal environment for development of 3D projects NeoAxis 3D Engine 2.0. The new version will include many improvements, as well as significant changes in technology licensing.
NeoAxis 3D Engine is integrated development environment of 3D projects of any type and complexity. The environment is intended for use in such areas as the creation of video games, the development of simulators, the development of virtual reality and visualization software. It includes a full set of tools for fast and logical development of modern 3D projects.
With version 2.0, one of the editions of the engine will be completely free. The engine logo in the corner of the screen will be removed, as well as some restrictions. Paid licenses will also be updated, there will be 4 editions:
- Free Edition — free full development environment, which will include most of the engine features, such as quality dynamic shadows, editor of landscapes, soft particles, modern full-screen effects such as High Dynamic Range, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Light Scattering, Lens Flares, and many other features.
- Professional Edition — license for professional developers. More features, bigger access to the source code of the engine components.
- Unlimited Edition — license includes all the features of the engine. Bigger access to the source code of the engine component. It includes the full source code of the engine tools.
- Source Edition — includes full source code of the engine.
The company thoroughly reviewed the future development of the technology. Now, the main priority for the NeoAxis 3D Engine will be to complete and polish the PC version, for producing a high-quality 3D development environment to develop the projects of any type and complexity. Free version will be the basis; the license fee will open additional abilities for professional developers.
Plans for the future:
- Complete PC version. Completely review the functionality and usability of the user interface of the tools.
- Add a maximum capacity expansion of the engine and its tools. More add-ons.
- Open the Component Store, an online service for easy share and sale of extensions of the engine and content for 3D projects.
- Add the missing advanced technologies, such as Deferred Rendering, Background Streaming and others.
- Write complete documentation for the use of technology.
There will also be suspended development for other platforms until the PC version is complete:
- Porting engine to Android and iOS suspended.
- NeoAxis Web Player will no longer be supported. In the future, NeoAxis be ported to other technology support in the web browser.
New features after the release of NeoAxis 3D Engine 1.3
- The user interface of tools thoroughly updated and revised. Added large icons, the ability to change fonts, and more.
- Fully updated tool transforming objects in editors. Now it is more convenient, informative, more options for customizing the appearance is added.
- Starting with version 2.0 all editions of the engine will include the 64-bit versions of editors and applications.
- Physics system of the engine significantly redesigned and optimized. The latest version of NVIDIA PhysX was integrated with fast multithreaded calculation.
- Realistic car physics at the level simulators was added.
- Support for animated models of weapon and hands in the first person.
- Screen Space Ambient Occclusion has been improved.
- Faster exporting for Autodesk 3dsMax and Autodesk Maya exporters.
- Big changes in the sound system of the engine. Logically clear setting of the sound rolloff depending on the distance.
- A new fast implementation of the scene graph of the engine based on the Octree.
- Bug fix: Incorrect definition graphics card for laptops with two switchable graphics.
A small tour of the main innovations of NeoAxis 3D Engine 2.0. Updated Configurator. Ability to launch the engine and tools from the Configurator has been added.
Updated Deployment Tool to deploy the final version of your application to specified platforms.
The general view of the Map Editor has been updated. Almost all the elements of the user interface updated.
Tool transforming objects is completely updated. It is possible to specify the tool dimensions, the thickness of the lines now.
New tools for transforming objects are added, such as a step by step movement, rotation and scaling.
Added random based rotation and scaling.
Object alignment tool was also updated.
A complete upgrade of the window objects and layers was realized. The functionality of working with layers is significantly expanded.
The ability to customize the appearance of the editors is substantially improved. The ability to change fonts, the position of the toolbar, enable full-screen mode and more are added.
A new map creation window.
One of the major improvements is with the physics system adding support for car physics with the quality on the level of simulators. Tools include convenient utilities for configuring vehicle physics.
Game framework (Game.exe) was also improved. Noticeable changes include fully updated graphic user interface.
Examples of animated character's hands and weapon was added.
Next are the screenshots that were already familiar to users of the current version of the engine. NeoAxis 3D Engine includes a fully integrated editor of landscapes based on the height map.
The engine includes several path finding systems, such as the path finding system based on Navigation Mesh technology and the path finding system based on a two-dimensional grid.
It includes a complete set of tools for work with the resources of the project, such as the editor for physical models, the material editor, editor for user interface, editor for game logic and others. The screenshot shows the user interface editor.
The editor of particle systems.
Configuring the ragdoll of the character in the editor of physical models.