NeoAxis 3D Engine is positioned as a universal development framework for 3D projects. The framework can be applied when developing various types of 3D projects, such as the creation of video games, development of simulators, virtual reality and visualization software, creation of windowed applications. Also this framework can be effectively used in educational institutions as a tool for teaching skills of work with modern technologies in the field of 3D graphics.
- Supported Platforms
- Complete Visual Development Environment with All Necessary Tools
- Suitable For Any Types of Projects
- Programming and Scripting
- The Framework Contains Examples of Different Project Types
- Can be Integrated into Windowed Applications (WPF, WinForms)
- Rendering Features
- Built-in Set of Full-Screen Effects
- Vehicle Support
- Support of Very Big Landscapes and Built-in Terrain Edition Tool
- Physics System and Ragdoll Support
- Built-In Networking Support
- Extensible User Interface System
- Support of Different Types of Input Devices
- Support of Different Pathfinding Systems
- Built-in Tools for Application Profiling
- Huge Set of Demonstration Maps in the SDK
NeoAxis 3D Engine is available in four editions:
- Free Edition — free full development environment, which includes most of the engine features, such as quality dynamic shadows, map editor (with heightmap terrain support), soft particles, modern full-screen effects such as High Dynamic Range, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Light Scattering, Lens Flares, and many other features.
- Professional Edition — more features and bigger access to the source code of the engine components.
- Unlimited Edition — includes all the features of the engine. Bigger access to the source code of the engine components. It includes the full source code of the engine tools.
- Source Edition — includes full source code of the engine.
NeoAxis development tools are available for Windows. Applications can be created for Windows and Mac OS X. In the future, we are planning to add the ability to run applications in a web browser.
Complete Visual Development Environment with All Necessary Tools
NeoAxis 3D Engine includes all the necessary tools to develop advanced 3D projects, from importing content utilities to the deployment tool you will use to prepare the release version of your project.
Resource Editor is a tool to manage the resources of the project. The tool is intended to configure 3D models, materials, textures, physics models, graphic user interfaces and more. Includes the following editors:
- Physic models editor
- Particle systems editor
- User interface editor
- Materials editor
- Game Objects editor
- Model importer utility
- Font configuration utility
- 3D models configuration editor
Map Editor is the tool you will use to create maps and levels for your projects. With the Map Editor, you can create and move objects, add the sky, fog, water surfaces and more. The editor kit includes an extensive set of tools, such as:
- Landscape editor for heightmap based terrain
- Logic Editor to customize the behavior of your objects (Scripting)
- Full-screen effects settings editor
- Camera lens flare manager
- Static lighting calculation tool
- Path finding calculation tool based on Navigation Mesh
NeoAxis 3D Engine includes full-featured tools for importing resources from other packages. You can import animated 3D models, materials, textures and entire scenes. There are exporters for Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya. The Resource Editor includes a 3D models importer utility you can use to import 3D models of almost any format. Supported formats: 3d, 3ds, ac, ac3d, acc, ase, ask, b3d, bvh, cob, dxf, dae, enff, hmp, ifc, irr, irrmesh, fbx, lwo, lws, lxo, md2, md3, md5, mdc, mdl, mot, ms3d, ndo, nff, obj, off, pk3, ply, x.
Suitable For Any Types of Projects
NeoAxis 3D Engine is positioned as a universal development framework for 3D projects. The framework can be used for various types of 3D projects, such as the creation of video games, development of simulators, virtual reality and visualization software or the creation of windowed applications. This framework can also be effectively used in educational institutions as a tool for teaching the necessary skills to work with modern technologies in the field of 3D graphics.
Programming and Scripting
NeoAxis 3D Engine API is based on .NET. The main language is C#. NeoAxis supports .NET 4.0 or later. You can attach libraries written in C/C++ or in any other programming language. The NeoAxis SDK includes the Game.exe application, which is at the same time the demo of the engine and the skeleton of your future project. This application is a framework meant for quick and logical development of the project. It includes examples of different types of projects (RTS, FPS, TPS, platformer...) and maps, as well as a complete menu system including a map loading manager and even more! By using this premade framework, the developer does not waste time on creating a basic application framework and immediately starts to work on his project. Read more about programming in NeoAxis.
The Framework Contains Examples of Different Project Types
The SDK includes a big set of classes, examples and demonstration maps of different types. Includes:
- Example of a first-person shooter
- Example of a real-time strategy game
- Example of a tank arcade game
- Example of 2D platformer
- Examples of video games with network support
Can be Integrated into Windowed Applications (WPF, WinForms)
The SDK includes frameworks and examples of integration of the engine in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms (WinForms) applications.
NeoAxis 3D Engine supports modern rendering technologies, such as:
- РHigh Dynamic Range (HDR)
- High-quality dynamic shadows
- Soft particles
- Special materials for high quality vegetation rendering
- camera lens flares
- Photo-realistic rendering of water surfaces
- Large set of full-screen effects
Support for 64-bit High Dynamic Range rendering, including effects such as:
- Adaptive Exposure
- Tone Mapping
Different kinds of animation are supported, such as skeletal and frame based. The SDK includes an advanced animation system that gives you a total control on animation blending with it's graph based approach. This system is especially useful when dealing with characters animations.
Built-in Set of Full-Screen Effects
SDK engine includes a large set of full-screen effects as well as an API that allows you to easily add new effects. The set includes the following effects:
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Depth of Field
- Volumetic Light Scattering (God Rays)
- Color Correction
- Grayscale effect
- Motion Blur
- Radial Blur
- Shader based antialiasing (FXAA)
The technology includes the ability to create cars with simulator-level quality. Tools include convenient utilities for configuring vehicle physics. Example of car, tanks and turret creation are available in the SDK.
Support of Very Big Landscapes and Built-in Terrain Edition Tool
Neoaxis supports very big terrains with background loading of the sectors. Includes the tool to import height maps and a built-in edition tool.
Physics System and Ragdoll Support
Give life to your objects with the built-in NVIDIA PhysX Engine. PhysX is the most advanced and most used physics framework in modern 3D projects. The physical models editor allows you to configure rigid bodies, joints, motors, ragdolls, vehicles. The engine includes all the necessary tools to easily create vehicles, including cars with realistic physics, tanks and similar equipment. Read more about physics system.
Built-In Networking Support
NeoAxis 3D Engine includes built-in support for network synchronization based on a client-server architecture. Allows you to add network support at a high level of abstraction, even without low-level network protocols knowldege. Thanks to the high-level network integration with the code logic of the project, you can add network support to your project quickly and efficiently. NeoAxis contains an application for creating dedicated servers usable in LAN or over the internet. Read more about networking support.
Extensible User Interface System
NeoAxis extensible user interface is a complete system for creating controls, menus, dialogs and game screens. NeoAxis 3D Engine tool set includes a full-featured user interface editor allowing you to design the user interface of your project in the shortest time possible. The engine supports rendering user interfaces in 3D space. With the help of an integrated third-party library it is easy to add a full web browser in your project. Thanks to full Unicode support, you can easily localize your projects in other languages (including East Asian languages) with NeoAxis built-in Tools. Read more about user interface system.
Support of Different Types of Input Devices
NeoAxis 3D Engine supports most of the modern input devices, including joysticks, gamepads, steering wheels, and console controllers. NeoAxis 3D Engine provides an interface for adding new types of input devices. This interface makes it easy to configure the device's interaction with engine components and logic of your project. Kinect integration code is available as a free addon. Read more about input devices support.
Support of Different Pathfinding Systems
The engine includes several path finding systems, such as a path finding system based on Navigation Mesh technology and a path finding system based on a two-dimensional grid.
Built-in Tools for Application Profiling
Built-in tools allows to see resources usage of the system and performance of the application.
Huge Set of Demonstration Maps in the SDK
The SDK includes more than 20 maps with examples of practically all the features of the technology.