My Project - In Planning Phase

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Post new topic Reply to topic  NeoAxis Forum Index » Additional » Lounge / Off-topic
Search for:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 am Post subject: My Project - In Planning Phase
Bottom of Page Back to top
So I'm very excited about NeoAxis, and feel that it would work great with an idea that I've had for a while. I've got a friend doing character designs for me and I'm writing up all the story. Check out the site HERE!

The gameplay would be something like an Elder Scrolls game, but with the controls and perspective of Super Mario 64. So instead of an open-ended RPG being slow and realistic, it's fast with fluid (gamepad in mind) controls. I plan to use some degree of cell shading, with a highly stylized presentation. The biggest modifications to the engine that I'll need to do are the controls and perspective, along with a quest system. I haven't gotten the whole story down yet, but I want to have a lot of branching (killing EVERYTHING IN SIGHT should be an available alternative to just being good or evil without killing main NPCs).

I'm not going to buy a license just yet, as I plan on developing this as a freeware title. I've yet to see a high-quality action-RPG like this be done, so all the more reason to do so.

I need feedback on what I have so far, so if you could, let me know or post on my forums. Criticism is appreciated (aside from "change everything," which defeats the purpose).

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:36 am 
I could not find any screenshots and the attitude to NeoAxis.
"Showcase" is a section to show something on the basis of the engine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:31 pm 
Like I said, it's in planning phase. I'm still working out how I'm going to use the engine. I need feedback on how well these ideas would work in the engine. I'm still trying to figure out how much engine modification is necessary, and how I'm going to go about doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:43 pm 
What Ivan is trying to say is that Showcase is to "Show" off your project not for brainstorming or future projects.

This would be better placed in General discussion.

On the other hand the idea isn't a bad one at all.

-Xposure

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:34 pm 
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=467524

I posted an ad on GameDev.net yesterday. I'm pretty serious about this project, so I'm recruiting members. Anybody here is welcome to join the team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:49 am 
Until you have a bit more to show I doubt you're going to get many bites. Maybe consider developing things more and putting together some assets or design docs.

Professional License
Professional License

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:41 am 
Generally, it's a decent idea to have something tangible to show. Regardless of how rudimentary it may be. This allows for people to get a feel for how serious you are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:06 am 
To lend some personal experience...

Design documents are the only way to get anything done when it comes to game creation. I use to spend days at a time just throwing together little demos that I had high hopes and dreams for. Then one day I stumbled across a set of articles describing how to use and make game design documents to help through out the course of the game development. Not only did it bring more people to any project that I was on, but people came with a more profound understanding of what I wanted and where I was heading.

I found this with a quick search on gamedev.net's site http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articl ... cle273.asp

Do some more research, throw us something together, post it on devmaster and I'm sure you'll start to get some more attention to your project.

Also as others said, posting some prototype screenshots is the only way to motivate someone into taking interest into your project.

-Xposure

Post new topic Reply to topic  NeoAxis Forum Index » Additional » Lounge / Off-topic

Jump to: