Possible GetGlobalInterpolatedTransform bug

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Search for:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:47 am Post subject: Possible GetGlobalInterpolatedTransform bug
Bottom of Page Back to top
Hi,

I am fairly new to NA but I think I may have found a bug in NA 0.81 concerning MapObjectAttachedHelper.GetGlobalInterpolatedTransform().

I am trying to make a shoulder camera mounted to a helper which is attached to a bone of a player unit mesh. When I try and use GetGlobalInterpolatedTransform() and update the camera position based on the resulting Vec3 the result is a shaky flickering shoulder camera.

The MapObjectAttachedHelper does not appear to have a GetInterpolatedPosition function. but if I switch to just setting the camera position based on unit.GetInterpolatedPosition the flickering disappears. It would appear to me that GetGlobalInterpolatedTransform is not working..........Either that or I have misunderstood what the function is supposed to do.

Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds?

Unlimited License
Unlimited License

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 am 
MapObject executes OnTick() 30 times per second. GameWindow executes it once every frame.

That means that if you update something in the MapObject it is usually behind framerate - 30. That causes flicker.

You should update camera position in GameWindow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 am 
Thanks, but I am updating in ActionGameWindow (I assume that because it inherits from gamewindow that it should update every frame).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:31 am 
This issue is still happening, I cannot seem to find a solution to the problem.

I am updating the camera in GameWindow in the OnGetCameraTransform function but no matter what I do I cannot get the flickering to stop.

I cannot use unit.GetInterpolatedPosition as I am not actually mounting the camera to the unit...It is being mounted to the shoulder of an attached object of the unit that can rotate independantly of the main unit.

Surely someone else has encountered this issue? :)

Unlimited License
Unlimited License

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am 
I had similar problem, and i fixed it via hack. I needed to move my FPS camera code to TPS camera. Line that is causing flicker is PlayerIntellect.Instance.FPSCamera = GetRealCameraType() == CameraType.FPS

Jump to: