NeoAxis 3D Engine Exporter Error "Object Refrence Not Set To An Instance Of An Object"

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Search for:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:47 am Post subject: NeoAxis 3D Engine Exporter Error "Object Refrence Not Set To An Instance Of An Object"
Reply with quote Bottom of Page Back to top
Before I begin I apologize if this issue has already been posted of it's in the wrong section, I searched the forums and couldn't find a solution.

So I installed the NeoAxis Engine Exporter plugin following the instructions in this guide: http://www.neoaxis.com/wiki/Documentati ... stallation for Maya 2015. I am a hobby modder who is currently working on models/textures/animations etc. for Medieval Total War II.

The install seemed to work correctly, the new menu appeared in Maya, I configured the export, clicked Export! and then this happened:

I have no Idea what is causing this, as far as I know it's all installed correctly. Getting this to work would be a godsend since I can export everything directly from Maya and not have to worry about as many 3rd party programs.

Please Help!

(The Error Info For Refrence)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Engine.FileSystem.EngineComponentManager.LoadReferencedRecursive(Assembly assembly, Dictionary`2 loaded)
at Engine.FileSystem.VirtualFileSystem.Init(String logFileName, Boolean correctCurrentDirectory, String specialExecutableDirectoryPath, String specialResourceDirectoryPath, String specialUserDirectoryPath, String specialNativeLibrariesDirectoryPath)
at NeoAxisEngineExporterLogic.ExportForm.InitRenderer()
at NeoAxisEngineExporterLogic.ExportForm.Export()
at NeoAxisEngineExporterLogic.ExportForm.buttonExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
NeoAxisEngineExporter_Maya2015_x64
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(D%20Drive)/Maya/Maya2015/bin/plug-ins/NeoAxisEngineExporter_Maya2015_x64.mll
NeoAxisEngineExporterInterface
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(D%20Drive)/Maya/Maya2015/bin/NeoAxisEngineExporterInterface.DLL
NeoAxisEngineExporterLogic
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(D%20Drive)/Maya/Maya2015/bin/plug-ins/NeoAxisEngineExporter/NeoAxisEngineExporterLogic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MathEx
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(D%20Drive)/Maya/Maya2015/bin/plug-ins/NeoAxisEngineExporter/MathEx.DLL
Renderer
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(D%20Drive)/Maya/Maya2015/bin/plug-ins/NeoAxisEngineExporter/Renderer.DLL
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
FileSystem
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(D%20Drive)/Maya/Maya2015/bin/plug-ins/NeoAxisEngineExporter/FileSystem.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core

Exception.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:12 am 
Weird, I have Maya 2015 and everything is working just fine. Maybe it's just "Student Version"s problem.
Anyway, I don't use that Exporter plug-in anymore. Because I can export scene to FBX and configure all the stuff that I want in Resource Editor. Just download FBX plugin for Maya if you don't have it - and Boom! most of your problems are gone.
1.png

2.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm 
Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that plugin wont be much use to me because I need my scenes to be exported to .mesh format required by ME2. (Unless there's a way to do it from that exporter?) I suspect my issue is the result of my system setup I'll try exporting the same model off my laptop and report back if that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 am 
That error usually means, that you have an object on your map or editor, that cannot be created. That is why it is showing you the error and won't display the object

Most common reason is, that you remove a Type object from resource editor and that Type is used in a larger object. Larger object cannot be then created in RE or ME, because one of its parts is missing.

Like you create a BigGun.type with models and values. Then you put the gun in TigerTank.type. You place the tank on you map and all is good. Then you delete the BigGun.type and suddenly your map won't load WTF?!? That is because TigerTank.type cannot be instantiated on the map, because the blueprint of one of its parts is missing.

Now the reason why exporters&importers might cause problem like this is file paths. You have an object with materials, lightmaps and shaders in some program. You export it to NA and put the object in a .type. The object might load, but if the object has internal references to c:\maya\exports\BigGun\biggun.material and you have moved your object to c:\mygame\models\biggun.obj something is going to crash

So when you export stuff make sure the paths are like .\biggun.material which means in the same directory as the biggun.obj or ..\materials\biggun.material which means materials can be found one folder back from object in "materials" directory

Jump to: