Kinect integration for NeoAxis Game Engine
Visualization and Computer Graphics (VisCG) Research Group, Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet. fixed by John Maeland.
Kinect integration for NeoAxis Game Engine. Now compatible with Microsoft Kinect 1.0 SDK.
The KinectInputDevice is based on the Microsoft Kinect 1.0 SDK. You need Windows 7 to install the SDK/driver.
- GameCommon/KinectInputDevice.cs (Initialization and data acquisition from Kinect)
- Game/ActionGameWindow.cs (Initialization sample)
- Game/GameEngineApp.cs (Initialization device)
- Game/KinectExample.cs (Usage sample)
- 1) Make sure you have installed Microsoft Kinect 1.0 SDK (or higher).
- 2) Set your project properties to use .NET Framework 4.0
- 3) Add a reference to "Microsoft.Kinect.dll"
- 4) Add "KinectInputDevice.cs" to your project
- 5) Add "KinectExample.cs" to your project
- 6) Initialize the device with "KinectInputDevice.InitDevice(bool usePlayerData)", e.g. in your "GameEngineApp.OnCreate()" method. "usePlayerData" is a flag wether to display tracked user in the depth map as colorized pixel or not. Using this feature will decrease depth map resolution from 640x480 to 320x240.
- 7) To use the device, override the "OnCustomInputDeviceEvent(InputEvent e)" method. Cast the InputEvent to "KinectSkeletonDataInputEvent", located in the class "KinectInputDevice". You will receive an array of SkeletonData types. Take a look into the Kinect SDK documentation for further information about SkeletonData.
- 8) To use the depth map, see KinectExample.cs of how to get depth map into NeoAxis texture.
- 9) To manipulate the camera elevation angle, access the instance of KinectInputDevice and use the methods "IncreaseAngle" and "DecreaseAngle".
Go to NeoAxis Forums topic